The essays on social media They are written in which a concept, idea or issue related to this phenomenon is analyzed and commented on. In them, the author makes explicit his vision and personal opinion on the matter.
Before preparing this type of writing, the author carries out an investigation to have the necessary material at the time of arguing their positions. Essays on social networks can address the most varied edges of the matter. For example, its impact on young people, its effects on advertising, its advantages in academia, among others.
The essays are reflective texts because they do not provide conclusive results on the issue addressed, but rather provide elements for reflection. At the same time, they are argumentative texts, since they develop reasons that reinforce the author’s hypothesis. In addition, they are expository because before arguing they must include an explanation of the ideas that motivate the preparation of the essay.
Parts of a short essay
- Introduction. In the first part of the essay, the author presents the topic to be discussed and the angle from which he will approach it. The content should be presented in the most attractive way possible to capture the reader’s attention.
- Development. In the body of the essay, its author breaks down the arguments of the idea that he presented in the introduction, as well as his opinions and personal evaluations. Allusions and citations to other sources that addressed the matter are included, be they documentaries, other essays, manuals, newspaper articles, reports, among others.
- conclusion. At the end of the text, the idea that the author presented throughout the text is reinforced. For this, the most important arguments are mentioned and the final position on the matter is made clear.
- Annexes. In general, a list with the bibliography cited by the author is included at the end of the text, so that the reader can verify it.
Examples of essays on social media
- The use of social networks in teaching to promote collaborative work through autonomous learning, by Sofoula Kyriacou de Plascencia and Rene Jaime Negrete Robles
- Essay on social media, by Ana Zoraida Rangel Kerguelén.
- Communication and social networks, by Silvia Climent Sanchis.
- Impact of social networks and the Internet in adolescence: positive and negative aspects, by Elías Arab and Alejandra Díaz.
- The importance of social networks in the educational field, by María del Mar Muñoz Prieto, María Sandra Fragueiro Barreiro and María Jesús Ayuso Manso.