The Logo (or logo) is a graphic sign made up of letters and images, which is used to identify a company or a brand, and the products it sells.
The logos They are signs used to allow some type of identification with an object, which is why they were used during antiquity and the Middle Ages by kings or artisans. However, with the arrival of modern times, logos have become almost exclusively representations of economic companies and in some cases of public and private entities, political groups or non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
Logos are widely used as a representation of a Commercial brandSince graphic icons, once they have been widely disseminated and circulated in the media, allow an immediate association with the name of the brand to which they refer. This characteristic of logos is extremely important in the advertising field.
The term logo is used in a general way to designate three different elements:
- Logo. Properly said, it is a typographic representation.
- Isotype. Consisting of an icon or visual sign.
- Isologo. Resulting from the combination of a logo and an isotype.
Success of a logo
The success of a logo depends on various factors, such as the simplicity and the congruence. Six key aspects of logo design can be considered:
- That it is easily readable by people regardless of the size of the letter.
- That it is reproducible in different circumstances regardless of the materials.
- Make it adaptable to different media.
- That is scalable to the desired and required size.
- That it is distinguishable and easily understandable, both positive and negative.
- Make it memorable, so that you can quickly refer to what it represents and not be forgotten.
In addition, the use of colorful and pleasant colors and shapes can condition the reception that a logo has among the population (logos usually have two or three basic colors, since a large number of colors can be annoying to the eye).
List of examples of logos (images)