The home automation It refers to the technologies that are oriented to the control and intelligent automation of the home, using energy efficiently but also optimizing the time and quality of life of its inhabitants. For example: lighting control, intrusion alarms, garden irrigation.
Home automation synthesizes what is often called ‘the smart house associating it with impossible practices, worthy of a science fiction movie.
In fact, the automation of households may simply be the integration of different technologies through the simultaneous use of electricity, electronics, information technology and telecommunications.
Home automation allows to provide targeted solutions to different types of housing, adjustable to the availability of money. With it, the organization of the house becomes more versatile, the place becomes more welcoming according to the environmental conditions, and the development of domestic, professional and leisure aspects is enabled in the same place.
Features of home automation
The technical system by which the different functions of the interior of the home are consolidated is made up of four outstanding variables:
- The integration of services in the convergence of all structures;
- Flexibility such as the ability to add new features;
- The re-programming allowing, depending on the circumstance, to modify the operation of some activity;
- The compatibility of information formats, adapting the system to the different modes in which the signals can be sent. The interaction between the different devices can be done by USB as well as by Bluetooth, while the data networks are usually those of Wi-Fi.
Advantages of home automation
The main advantage of home automation is the contribution to improving the user’s quality of life. In fact, this translates into energy savings by which the different expenditures in terms of water, gas, lighting or air conditioning are reduced to a minimum, taking advantage of the lowest cost hours.
are also produced improvements in accessibility, given by facilitating the handling of household items, even for people with some difficulty.
Home automation is also a step in terms of security through automatic surveillance processes, and guarantees communications based on the monitoring and supervision of technological devices.
examples of home automation
Systems of this type They have evolved over the years, incorporating more and more advanced features that allow people to untether themselves from more and more tasks. The X-10, HAL2000, DOMOLÓN and EIB systems are examples of home automation, which have different functionalities depending on the case.
Next, a series of processes that can be integrated from home automation:
- Lighting control.
- Intrusion alarms.
- Climate control.
- Control of blinds and awnings.
- Management of money and household bank accounts.
- Distribution of video images captured by the cameras.
- Consulting on food and diet.
- Voice and data transmission with local networks.
- Opening and closing of doors and windows
- garden irrigation
- Technical security alarms.
- Turning on and off electrical appliances
- Water and gas supply.
- Multiple procedures with the State administration.
- Entertain with the game room or home theater.
- Presence simulation as a security tool.
- Access to different information such as books, newspapers or weather information.
- Automatic notifications before the arrival of third parties to the home.
- Automation of some of the above events.
- Generation of programs prepared for hours in which one is not at home, even for days.