The injustice it is the absence of justice and occurs in those situations in which one or several people are insufficiently rewarded for an effort they made, or are subjected to punishment or harm without any justifiable reason. For example: Cheating at a card game, stealing, lying.
It always implies the benefit of an individual at the cost of harm or harm to another, and it differs from justice, which is the value of giving each individual what corresponds to him. While justice is related to values such as good, fairness and freedom, in unjust acts acts are done without taking into account values such as respect and humility.
The unfair situations are those in which the rights of individuals are violated and can occur both in the private sphere and in the public sphere and affect more than one individual at a time. Within a society, injustice goes against the common good and hinders the development of harmonious and balanced environments. Many injustices are contemplated and punished by law, such as theft, theft, corruption and slander.
Although injustice is generally spoken of in human relations, unfair situations can also be found in relations between human beings and other living beings, such as fishing and indiscriminate logging.
It is known as social injustice to a situation that occurs within the framework of a society and is a concept contrary to social justice.
While social justice assumes that all individuals can have access to equal opportunities, social injustice manifests itself when social justice does not prevail and there is an imbalance in which not all citizens have access to the same rights to be able to solve their needs. basic.
examples of injustice
- wars. When a war occurs, an unfair situation arises, because, in many cases, those most affected by the war situation are the citizens.
- Violence. Any type of violence is an unfair situation. Violence can be physical, psychological or verbal and occurs in settings such as the family, school and other social groups. Some types of violence are gender violence, bullying, harassment, racial violence, among others.
- Censorship. When individuals are prohibited from expressing opinions and points of view, a type of injustice occurs that does not allow citizens to fully exercise their rights.
- Discrimination. When a person is discriminated against for any reason (race, age, sexual identity, opinion, religion) it is an unjust act that must be condemned and prosecuted.
- Inequality. When not all individuals can access their basic needs, there are cases of injustice because some citizens are denied access to rights such as health, education and decent housing.
- Corruption. When one or several politicians enrich themselves at the expense of the public coffers, an unfair act is incurred, since taxpayers’ money is used for another purpose.
- Crime. When a person has committed a crime, he commits an injustice, because no person has the right to take the life of another. If for any reason the perpetrator of the crime is not brought to justice, then an unjust act is also being committed.
- Privileges. When the law is applied differently to one or more inhabitants, it is a case of injustice, which increases social inequalities.
- Cheated. When a person lies or hides information to another individual to his detriment, an unjust act is committed.
- Electoral fraud. When the results of an election are altered, an injustice is incurred, since the decision of the citizens is not respected.
- Persecution. When an individual or group is persecuted or intimidated for any reason, it is an unjust act, since all people have the right to express themselves freely.
- Stole. When a person takes from another something that belongs to him, there is a case of injustice that violates rights and goes against social harmony.
- animal abuse. When animals are mistreated, an unfair act is committed because they do not have the capacity to defend themselves.
- Copy. When a person totally or partially reproduces a work that is not his or her own, without the author’s consent, an unfair act occurs.
- violation of rights. When States violate the human rights of the inhabitants of a country and prohibit any possibility of complaint or request for help, an act of injustice occurs.
- Debts. When a person incurs a debt and then does not pay the corresponding amount in a timely manner, he commits an unfair act because it harms the lender.
- bribes. When an individual bribes another to achieve some task, an unfair act is carried out that violates the rights of the rest of the citizens and puts one or some individuals in a privileged position.
- Trap. When a person uses a certain mechanism in order to deceive another, an unfair act occurs.
- Racism. When a person discriminates against another for reasons of race or origin, there is a case of injustice in which equal rights are not recognized.
- Labor exploitation. When a person is required to work more than previously scheduled, an injustice is incurred.